There are many benefits of having gas appliances in your home. For instance, when the electricity is knocked out for a long amount of time, you can still enjoy a hot bath with a gas water heater or a hot meal with a gas stove. Also, natural gas tends to be better for the environment than electricity.
While it is ultimately up to personal preference, it should be noted that gas appliances work just as well as electric appliances.
These Appliances are Full of Gas!
The most common gas appliances are stoves, ovens, water heaters, and clothes dryers. However, there are even more gas appliances that people use like gas heaters, air conditioners, fan heaters, fireplaces, and heat pumps.
Gas appliances aren’t only inside the home; they are outside the home as well. Gas grills, out gas lighting, and outdoor kitchens also use gas. Because it can be integrated so completely in your home life, it’s essential to have the best system to accommodate your daily usage.
The Importance of Professional Installation
When dealing with gas appliances, it is extremely important to call a professional to install them. Gas appliances can leak gas into your home if they are not installed properly, and this can lead to disastrous house fires. Along with professional installation, it is also crucial to inspect your gas appliances regularly and make sure that they are secure and safe.
Some ways to make sure that your gas appliances are safe are:
- Get a professional inspection done on your gas appliances at least once a year. This allows you to know that there are no leaks that could introduce carbon monoxide to your home and that your gas appliances are working correctly.
- Don’t store things like rags, mops, and paper next to gas appliances because they are combustible.
- Make sure that there is enough room around your gas appliances to give them air. Proper airflow is important for gas appliances to work correctly.
- Never store any kind of flammable objects like air freshener, gasoline, or cleaning products next to gas appliances because of the chance of combustion.
- Check the exhausts on your gas appliances regularly to ensure that they are in good working order.
Clean and Environmentally Better
One gas that is often used for gas appliances is propane. Propane is one of the cleanest burning fuels, and it takes less propane than electricity to run appliances.
Some of the other benefits of propane are:
- It is efficient and reliable.
- It is good for the environment because it releases only half the greenhouse gas emissions that electricity does.
- It is a much cleaner fuel because it is emitted as a gas.
- It is non-toxic and won’t cause issues if it is introduced to soil or water.
Call Us Today
Call G&B Energy today for help with all of your gas appliances – from installation to inspection. Our professional service technicians can carefully assist you through each step of ensuring that your gas appliances are working properly and that your home is safe. We offer sales, service, and installation of gas appliances with flexible payment options, an automatic delivery service, and 24-hour emergency service.
We offer both underground and aboveground tanks that can service any natural gas needs for your home. Our website features a safety section that can guide you through learning everything you need to know about propane, as well! So, call (336) 835-3607 today and let G&B Energy help with all of your gas appliance needs today!