- November 1, 2023
Solatube Daylighting Systems have changed the way people think about residential daylighting. For one thing, they offer a simple, smart alternative to traditional skylights. Only Solatube Daylighting Systems use innovative breakthrough technology to bring natural light into virtually any room in as little as two hours. Solatube’s Brighten Up® Series has transformed millions of homes – without the cost, leaks and hassle associated with traditional skylights.
What Every Homeowner Should Know Before Buying a Tubular Daylighting Device:
- It provides exceptional lighting. The light output is incredible, providing as much light as you would expect from a skylight many times its size.
- It is cost-effective. Tubular Daylighting Devices cost considerably less than other daylighting options, compared to windows and skylights. This includes both product and installation costs.
- Installing it is fast, clean and easy. They require no structural reframing, tunneling, drywalling or painting. A professional can install the product in less than two hours and most Do-It-Yourselfers can finish the project in one day.
- It can go almost anywhere. The compact and flexible design of TDDs allow them to be installed in just about any room, including rooms without direct roof access and smaller spaces where daylighting would usually not be an option.
- It is “Green.” TDDs allow you to switch off electric lights during the day. As a result, users see savings on energy bills and a reduction in environmental pollution.
- It’s actually good for you. It has been shown in several prominent studies that increasing daily exposure to natural light can enhance mental and physical well-being. It can also boost concentration and energy levels.
Solatube models are Energy Star qualified and may qualify for tax credits!