Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest game day of the year and also a big day for grilling. In fact, according to HPBA, 62% of grill owners are looking to fire up their grills to feed family and friends for the Super Bowl. This makes perfect sense because, after all, grilling makes entertaining a breeze and will allow you to actually watch the big game.
The nice thing about grilling is that you can plan ahead. All you need to do is load up your refrigerator with your favorite meats and then throw them on the grill for a quick cook on game day. Make the hamburger patties, marinade the chicken, and chop up any vegetables ahead of time so all you have to do is light up the grill and get cooking. Also, to make your life easier on Super Bowl Sunday, check your tanks ahead of time so that you have plenty of fuel for your feast!
If you plan on having a big crowd over to watch the game, we suggest going with customizable food options such as hot dogs, burgers, or even personal pizzas. But don’t let that keep you from going big. Steaks, pork, and brisket can make for a delicious Super Bowl meal as well. And you definitely can’t forget everyone’s favorite: CHICKEN WINGS. Add a few sides along with a few simple desserts, and you will have a fun and delicious meal that will keep everyone full and happy.
To get you started on what to grill for this year’s Super Bowl, check out these recipes below!
- Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, Italian dressing, and chicken wings in a large, zip-top bag. Close bag and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the 1 teaspoon soy sauce and the hot pepper sauce. Turn off heat and reserve.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and pat dry. Cook the wings on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is well browned and no longer pink, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place grilled wings in a large bowl. Pour butter sauce over wings; toss to mix well. Makes 10 servings.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.