• November

    4

    2014
  • 965
  • 0

Carbon Monoxide Safety Information for You and Your Family

What is Carbon Monoxide (CO)?

You can’t taste or smell CO, but it can be a dangerous gas.  High levels of CO can come from appliances that are not operating correctly or from a venting system or chimney that becomes blocked.

CO can be deadly!

High levels of CO can make you dizzy or sick.  In extreme cases, CO can cause brain damage or death.  Symptoms of CO poisoning include: headache, dizziness, fatigue, shortness of breath and nausea.

CO detectors can improve safety

For an extra measure of safety, consider installing a CO detector listed by UL on each level of your home.

If you suspect CO is present, ACT IMMEDIATELY!

  1. If you or a family member shows physical symptoms of CO poisoning, get everyone out of the building and call 911 or your local fire department.
  2. If it is safe to do so, open windows to allow entry of fresh air, and turn off any appliances you suspect may be releasing CO.
  3. If no one has symptoms, but you suspect that CO is present, call your propane retailer or a qualified service technician to check CO levels and your propane equipment.

COST CALCULATOR

Use our form to estimate the initial cost of renovation or installation.

REQUEST A QUOTE
Latest Posts
Most Viewed
Text Widget

Here is a text widget settings ipsum lore tora dolor sit amet velum. Maecenas est velum, gravida Vehicula Dolor