As grilling season picks up and we enter one of the most popular weekends for backyard barbecues, we at G&B Energy would like to take a moment to highlight grill safety. Grilling is not inherently dangerous for those that use caution and understand their equipment. Use the following tips to make sure your family enjoys the grilling season safely.
Outside the grill:
- All grills should only be used OUTDOORS
- Place your grill well away from your home or deck railings
- Do not place your grill under overhanging branches
- Never leave your grill unattended
Inside the grill:
- Keep your grill clean by removing any grease or fat buildup (for tough buildup, remove your grill grate and place it into the oven during a cleaning cycle)
- Always light your grill with the lid open
- Use a soap and water solution to check your propane tank and hoses for leaks (bubbles will emit from leak location)
- Before lighting the grill, apply non-stick spray on the grates (the protective spray cuts down the clean-up time afterwards)
For more information on grill and propane safety, check out this resource on our website put together by PERC (Propane Education and Research Council).