Nothing adds ambiance to a home quite like a fireplace. In our modern day, people want the warmth and comfort of a traditional wood fireplace without the hassle of hauling wood. An efficient gas fireplace is able to provide a clean, convenient and cost-saving addition to your home that is sure to improve your family’s livelihood.
Here are the top 5 reasons to add a gas fireplace to your home:
- Fireplaces add value to a home. How much value? The National Center for Real Estate Research estimates that a fireplace can increase a home’s value as much as 6-12%. For the investment, there aren’t many other home improvement projects that will increase the home’s value as much as a gas fireplace.
- An efficient gas fireplace can save on energy costs. In addition to the increased value a fireplace can add to a home, it can also save you money on energy costs. When using the heat from the fireplace for zone or supplemental heating, it allows homeowners to rely less on the home’s central heating unit and save on their energy bill. These savings add up over the lifetime of the fireplace and can end up paying for the fireplace itself!
- Gas fireplaces are easy to use and enjoy. With a traditional wood fireplace, there is a substantial amount of work involved with starting and tending to a fire. With a gas fireplace, you get the same warmth and comfort from just a flick of a switch. No hassle, no soot and no splinters!
- Gas fireplaces are efficient and reliable. Today’s direct-vent or vent-free gas fireplaces are able to keep the warm air indoors rather than escape through a chimney. And if your home loses power during a winter storm, don’t fret! Your gas fireplace should light right up, regardless of electricity.
- Gas fireplaces add ambiance unlike any other. They can make a home feel cozy, romantic and warm beyond the actual heat they produce. The dancing flames have the ability to put you in your most comfortable state. There in no substitute for what a fireplace can bring to a home and a family.
To see G&B Energy’s wide variety of fireplace, gas log and stove options, visit one of our local showrooms today!
Want more information on adding a hearth product to your home? Request a FREE hearth consultation with one of our technicians!