Performs responsible delivery services from the company storage tanks to the customer’s on-site tank; does related work as required and does all work in the most efficient, effective and safe manner possible. The delivery driver personnel are responsible for the public and professional image of the company.
Work is performed under regular supervision of designated supervisor.
- Deliver correct customer product following company procedures to the correct tank charging the correct price
including all applicable delivery charges to ensure accurate inventories and correct customer billing.
- Operate vehicle on specified route in a safe manner and in accordance with all motor vehicle laws, DOT
regulations, and company policies. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections as required.
- Drive vehicle on specified route in a safe manner, observing DOT and company regulations.
- Receive and follow dispatch orders in a safe and timely manner. Provide feedback to dispatcher regarding
status of deliveries and assigned tasks to gain efficiencies. Work to identify tasks to maintain productivity for all
- Review daily deliveries by coordinating with dispatcher in order to deliver all customer requests in the most
efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Complete all necessary documentation in a complete, accurate and legible manner for each task performed,
including delivery reports, trip reports, etc.
- Use hand and power tools to perform various manual tasks.
- Perform pressure tests and/or leak tests as required by code and/or policy.
- Maintain vehicle and associated tools and equipment and other company facilities in a clean, workable manner
and use according to procedures and policies.
- Must be available to work overtime as scheduled. Have all overtime approved by supervisor.
- Ensure that all tasks comply with all company policies, safety procedures and federal, state and local codes and
- Review and propose revisions to all procedures to ensure they are efficient, effective and safe.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all company personnel in order to complete job tasks.
- Continually strive to provide quality services for the company and strive to balance customer service goals with
the profitability of the company, and maintain the company’s image of quality, service and professionalism.
- Continually strive to maintain state of the art technical knowledge of the business and related equipment and
- Stay current on competitive changes in the areas of business that the company participates in and inform
management of any issues.
- Participate in safety meetings, management meetings, training programs and other quality improvement
activities as directed by supervisor.
- Complete any projects or tasks that may be assigned by management.
1) Minimum Reasoning ability associated with this classification:
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to work tasks, practical situations, and requests made by supervisor; to
comprehend and respond to a variety of work situations and tasks in an expedient manner; to understand and apply
safety requirements, traffic safety principles and regulations.
2) Minimum Math ability usually associated with this classification:
Using Mathematics: Must be able to understand math equations in order to determine size of delivery to properly bill
customers, balance daily sales reports and complete daily log reports.
3) Minimum Language ability usually associated with this classification:
Read: Ability to read safety and other manuals, instructions, equipment readings, street signs, work orders, etc.; to read
and understand directions in order to locate delivery locations.
Write: Must be able to write clearly and legible.
Speak: Ability to be conversant in voice and diction so as to participate in discussions and communicate well with
customers, co-workers and other Company personnel in person and telephone; ability to perform proper and clear
communication rapidly in emergency situations.
4) Amount of Training, either on-the-job or formal education, usually associated with this occupation in addition to the
Reasoning, Math, and Language detailed above.
On-the-job training dependent upon experience level. Formal education which includes reading, writing and math.
Position requires High School Diploma or GED, be computer literate and willing to learn new software applications.
Propane and/or oil delivery experience preferred.
5) Degree of Physical Demands (Strength) usually associated with this classification:
Very Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds or more of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds or more of
force frequently and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move delivery hose, equipment, pipes, tools,
materials, etc. Physical demand requirements usually require walking or standing for long periods of time, carrying,
bending, stooping, lifting, squatting, pushing, pulling, crawling, reaching, climbing and stretching although worker may
sit on occasion. There is significant use of arms, hands, legs, feet and back.
6) Type of Physical Demands usually associated with this classification:
Reaching, Handling, and Fingering: (Reaching – Extending the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction (Handling – Seizing,
holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands (fingers not involved). (Fingering – Picking,
pinching, punching or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling).
All are requirements of this job. Worker must be able to climb ladders and steps, enter crawl spaces, ditches, and other
close quarters. Must be able to do strenuous activity for extended periods of time.
Talking and/or Hearing: (Talking – Expressing or exchanging information by means of spoken word). (Hearing –
Perceiving nature of sounds by ear). Both are necessary to converse with customers, other employees and supervisors
in person, and by telephone. Must be able to hear warning buzzers, bells, horns, etc. on equipment.
Seeing: The ability to perceive the nature of objects by the eye. Must be in compliance with the minimum drivers’
7) Environmental Conditions (Physical Surroundings usually associated with this classification:
The worker is subject to Inside and Outside Environmental Conditions. Exposed to the various weather conditions and
temperatures. The worker will be required to work outside during the summer when the weather is usually hot and the
winter when the weather is usually cold. Combining the type of work performed with the weather conditions, the
worker should be one who can work outside in the sun, heat, high winds, rain, sleet, snow, cold and extreme weather
conditions, and cross rough terrain with possible risk of exposure to poison oak, poison ivy, rodents, insect bites and
stings, etc. The job is best suited for someone who doesn’t mind getting wet, dirty, and sweaty.
8) Environmental Conditions (Hazards) usually associated with this classification:
Employee will possibly be exposed to standing water containing waterborne disease, spiders and snakes, and one or
more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, propane,
gases or poor ventilation; there are air and/or skin exposures to oils and other fluids. Employee is subject to a variety of
physical hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working at heights such as atop
ladders, roofs, etc.
9) Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative, but not all inclusive, of those commonly
associated with this classification:
Hand tools, power tools, equipment, measuring devices, shovels, ladders, hand trucks, trencher, truck mounted cranes,
telephone, job safety regulations and traffic safety regulations.
Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement and Tanker Endorsement or ability to obtain within a reasonable period of time. Must be able to lift a minimum of 80 pounds repeatedly, to climb ladders, enter closed spaces and work in awkward positions. Must be able to understand and follow complex instructions. Must be able to make accurate and detailed work orders and other detailed records. Good communication and customer relations skills are mandatory. Must be able to read, understand and follow safety rules and regulations to meet company policies and OSHA requirements. Must be able to properly operate cell phone to communicate with office staff, supervisor and other company personnel. Must be able to deal effectively with customers.
Print Application – Download and print the blank application. Fill the application out with a pen and scan and submit online (applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off the completed application at the location you are applying.)
Digital Application – Download the blank application to your computer. Open the application using Adobe Acrobat or another .PDF editor. Fill out the application using your computer and send the completed application to email@example.com.